Reciprocal Reading: Revolutionise Reading Comprehension Results!
This training can be booked for ALL staff at your school and is aimed at Y1 – Y6 teachers and TAs.
Reciprocal Reading is described in ‘Brooks’s What Works for Literacy Difficulties?’ as having a ‘remarkable impact’ on accuracy and comprehension. Reciprocal reading refers to an instructional activity in which pupils become the teacher in small group reading sessions. Teachers model, then help children to learn to guide group discussions using four strategies: summarising, question generating, clarifying, and predicting. Once pupils have learned the strategies, they take turns assuming the role of teacher in leading a dialogue about what has been read.
Why Use Reciprocal Reading?
- It encourages children to think about their own thought process during reading.
- It helps pupils to learn to be actively involved and monitor their comprehension as they read.
- It teaches pupils to ask questions during reading and helps make the text more comprehensible.
Find out how to use Reciprocal Reading at whole class level and as a group intervention strategy to dramatically improve reading results.
Choice of Dates:
Wednesday 16th March 4pm – 5pm
Wednesday 18th May 2022 2pm – 3pm
Monday 26th September 2022 4pm – 5pm
Tuesday 15th November 2022 4pm – 5pm
Train Your Whole School for £100 (+VAT) Special Offer!
- Download and save the participant form from THIS LINK.
- Purchase this whole school training by selecting the date below.
- Complete the form with name of your school, the date of the training and the emails and names of all participants. Please note that this offer is only available on the dates and times stated above.
- Email this form to email@example.com