Please note that this training is also available to book for individual teachers for £65 for 2 delegates – click here to book individual places.
This training is aimed at all primary teachers and Teaching Assistants.
Inference is an important life skill and is a key focus in the National Curriculum at KS1 and KS2. Inference is a prerequisite for higher-order thinking (Marzano, 2010) and is often described in research into reading as ‘foundational’.
“A key finding of the review was that the ability to draw inferences predetermines reading skills: that is, poor inferencing causes poor comprehension and not vice versa.” Effective Teaching of Inference Skills for Reading: Literature Review DfE
This 2 hour session will:
- The importance of vocabulary and ‘context knowledge’ to pupils’ ability to make inferences (Ofsted Research Review Series:English 2022)
- The use of questioning to support the development of inference skills.
- Active strategies and instructional activities to develop inference (which can be used at a whole class level or as part of reading intervention).
Choice of dates and times:
Friday 12th January 2024 10am – 12pm
Tuesday 27th February 2024 4pm – 6pm
Wednesday 17th April 2024 4pm – 6pm
Wednesday 22nd May 2024 4pm – 6pm
Monday 10th June 2024 10am – 12pm
Wednesday 18th September 2024 4pm – 6pm
Train Your Whole School for £300 (+VAT)
- Download and save the participant form from THIS LINK.
- Purchase this whole school training by selecting the date below.
- Complete the form with name of your school, the date of the training and the emails and names of all participants. Please note that this offer is only available on the dates and times stated above.
- Email this form to [email protected]