Grammar Subject Knowledge
Please note that this training is also available to book for individual teachers for £50 for 2 delegates – click here to book individual places.
“Antony CE School had a fantastic grammar session tonight! It was informative, interactive and up to date. We would 100% recommend working with Dandelion Learning.” Jo Pearton, Assistant Headteacher Antony CE School
This training is aimed at all primary teachers, TAs and English leaders.
The Ofsted School Inspection Handbook states: ‘ Teachers have expert knowledge of the subjects that they teach. If they do not, they are supported to address gaps in their knowledge so that pupils are not disadvantaged by ineffective teaching.’
Confidence in grammar subject knowledge is essential for primary teaching. Yet many teachers, including English specialists, have never been taught grammar in their own education. This presents a challenge for school leaders – ensuring ‘expert knowledge’ as well as consistency in the use of terminology across the school. This session is designed to support teachers and TAs to ensure an excellent understanding of grammar in the Primary National Curriculum.
Teachers and TAs will leave this session with:
- Confidence in Word Classification.
- A deep understanding of phrases, clauses and sentence construction (including multi-clause sentences).
- Confidence in the use of terminology when explaining grammar to children, analysing grammatical features within texts and during Shared Writing.
- Ideas for resources to support subject knowledge and classroom teaching.
Choice of dates and times:
Tuesday 16th January 2024 10am – 12pm
Wednesday 28th February 2024 4pm – 6pm
Thursday 25th April 2024 4pm – 6pm
Tuesday 11th June 2024 10am – 12pm
Tuesday 17th September 2024 4pm – 6pm
Train Your Whole School for £300 (+VAT)
- Download and save the participant form from THIS LINK.
- Purchase this whole school training by selecting the date below.
- Complete the form with name of your school, the date of the training and the emails and names of all participants. Please note that this offer is only available on the dates and times stated above.
- Email this form to [email protected]