Top Tips for Teaching Grammar in the KS2 SPaG Test
Ensure your Y6 pupils develop a love of grammar AND ace the test!
‘All of Tre and Pet’s training sessions have been relevant, engaging, informative and full of quick, useful easy-to-resource fun activities to use in the classroom. The children have LOVED the grammar games. These along with the knowledge and confidence Tre and Pet’s training has given me (and consequently the children) has resulted in significant progress in grammar knowledge and application for my year sixes and across the key stage. It meant the children tackled this year’s SATs test with confidence and ability. I look forward to all training sessions and am never disappointed.’ Rhonda Nile, Biscovey Academy
For Year 6 teachers and Teaching Assistants.
Cost: (2 for 1) £35+VAT (2 delegates may attend the live event for £35 +VAT)
This session will:
- Explore common misconceptions related to grammatical terminology.
- Examine the Grammar Test Content Domain.
- Reflect on how to ensure pupils accurately showcase their knowledge and understanding of grammar.
- Examine ‘quick wins’ in developing understanding of word classification and sentence construction.
- Consider a range of engaging activities to secure essential understanding so that pupils develop a love of language and master the key concepts tested in the Y6 SPaG paper.
Choice of dates and times
Thursday 29th February 2024 1pm – 2.30pm
Friday 8th March 2024 10am – 11.30am