Storytelling/Talking the Text
This session is for teachers and TAs who have some experience of ‘Talking the Text’.
This training will:
- Give an overview of the process of Storytelling and Talking the Text for fiction writing.
- Look at the teaching sequence for planning and explore features of effective practice.
- Consider how to launch a unit and create a successful key text.
- Explore strategies to deepen pupils’ engagement through the use of drama.
- Examine ways of learning the text and discuss how to maximise the impact of the classroom environment.
“The Storytelling/Talking the text training delivered by Tre is a fantastic CPD opportunity. We are a bilingual school and this training gave our staff opportunities to develop common tools adaptable and transferable from one language to the other. By following the same structure, the children benefit from a strong program which allows them to switch between languages. The training is a mix of theory as well as practical examples transferable straight away to class. Tre is very easy to work with, she tailored the training to our needs and we are really grateful for all the quality advice and guidance we received.” Camie Steuer, Head Teacher and DSL, La Petite Ecole Française
Choice of dates and times:
Wednesday 15th November 2023 1pm – 3pm
2 for 1 Offer
This session will be £65 (+VAT). This includes 1 additional teacher or TA from your school to attend at no extra cost if you wish.