Phonics for School Leaders
“Just had Ofsted – your training proved invaluable!” D. Thornton, Newton Longville C of E Primary School
This training is aimed at Head teachers, English Leaders, Reading Managers and members of the leadership team responsible for the development of phonics and early reading.
English leadership is key to ensuring success in primary English provision. Ofsted state that, ‘In evaluating the school’s educational intent, inspectors will primarily consider the curriculum leadership provided by school, subject and curriculum leaders.’ (School Inspection Handbook, May 2019)
Ofsted will now pay particular attention to how well schools are teaching phonics and supporting all children to become confident, fluent readers. The role of school leaders in ensuring excellent provision for all pupils is a key focus.
This session will examine:
- Best practice in the teaching and learning of phonics. What does outstanding provision look like?
- The latest guidance from Ofsted (Research Review Series)
- Guidance from the DfE regarding effective systematic, synthetic phonics teaching and learning.
- Phonics terminology and subject knowledge, ensuring school leaders are able to confidently support teachers and TAs in their role.
- Materials to support school self-evaluation of phonics teaching and learning.
Friday 26th January 2024 10am – 11.30pm
Tuesday 18th June 2024 12.30pm – 2pm
2 for 1 Offer
This session will be £55 (+VAT). An additional member of the leadership team from the same school may attend the same session at no extra cost.