Teaching Reading in KS2
For KS2 teachers and Teaching Assistants (Y3, Y4, Y5 and Y6)
This training will transform the teaching of reading in your classroom. The session will provide you with:
- An understanding of what outstanding provision for reading looks like in practice.
- A deep understanding of the latest research re developing reading including the EEF’s ‘The Reading House’.
- Active, practical strategies which will help pupils to engage deeply with text and develop reading comprehension.
- Ideas for using quality picture books to motivate and engage readers of all ages.
- Tried and tested techniques which you will want to use in the classroom the very next day!