Talking the Text – Teaching Non Fiction Writing
This training will :
- Examine how to teach non fiction writing using ‘Talking the Text’ (learning the text by heart).
- Demonstrate how to use ‘Patterns for Non-Fiction’ to teach different non fiction structures.
- Consider how to launch a unit and create a successful key text.
- Explore strategies to deepen pupils’ engagement through the use of drama.
- Examine ways of learning the text and linking non-fiction effectively to a fiction unit
Choice of dates:
Thursday 1st July 2021 4:00-5:30pm
Thursday 4th November 2021 4pm -5.30pm
Tuesday 24th May 2022 1.30pm – 3pm
2 for 1 Offer
This session will be £45 (+VAT). This includes 1 additional teacher or TA from your school to attend at no extra cost if you wish.