Ofsted’s new School Inspection Handbook pays particular attention to the teaching of early reading and Inspectors will focus on how well pupils are taught to read as a main inspection activity.
This course will explore:
- Active strategies for developing reading comprehension in Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 to ensure all pupils read for meaning.
- Effective use of questioning to aid comprehension.
- Practical techniques to broaden and deepen pupils’ understanding of vocabulary.
- Tried and tested techniques for engaging reluctant readers to create lifelong readers who read for pleasure.
- Top tips for engaging ‘hard to reach’ parents.
First delegate: £140 +VAT. A second delegate may attend at no additional cost. Courses run from 9.30am till 3.30pm